Wednesday, January 27, 2016

2016 Year of the Starlet: Lucille Ball

So as I announced in October, 2016 is the year of the Starlet for aBeesCreations. Not only will I retire the artwork series from 2012-2015 from print, I will also be creating a whole new never before seen line of art work. I am also taking my love of producing and creative directing photo shoots to create a whole series of photos based on my 12 favorite Starlets! 
The talented photographer Dakota Friend of Friendly Fire Fotography out of Branson Missouri has agreed to shoot the entire series. We may occasionally have a second shooter with us but Dakota is the main photographer who is working on this project with me. 

So it being the 1st month of 2016, I am happy to share with you all the first photo session for The Starlet Collection.
I Love Lucy... What about you? 

Our muse was the funny and stunning model Beth Pace. She was the perfect choice for Lucy!
She had us laughing so hard with her quirky enthusiastic personality all day. At one point we all stopped for a moment and Dakota said it doesnt even seem like it was Beth. She really channeled the Queen of Comedy, the brash and sassy Lucille Ball. I am utterly amazed by her professionalism while still bringing the comedic edge that she did. Beth was absolutely amazing and I know everyone involved is looking forward to working with her again in the future. 

Often you see this term MUAH when we talk about photo shoots. MUAH stands for Makeup and Hair. And I am so honored that once again I was able to book the talented and genuinely sweet Krista Cronin of Krista's Beauty and Bliss out of Ozark Missouri.
Krista owns and operates a wonderfully charming small spa and studio. She has more than once opened her studio space up for my productions. She met us at the door as usual and invited us all in. Her hospitality made everyone feel at ease. She provided a fun mix of music for us while Beth hopped into the makeup chair. And yes Beth is so petite, like so many of us firecracker women are, that she had to HOP. Krista worked on makeup while we all just hung out and Dakota and I set up the studio. It was a lot of fun and felt like a group of friends just getting together to create some art. 

Dakota Friend of Friendly Fire Fotography and I set up Krista's Studio space and talked to everyone about music, art, and of course the industry. 
After MUAH were finish, I pinned Beth into her wardrobe. Yes I had to do a lot of pinning. She is so tiny!!! Like a Double 0 tiny. Which did make it difficult to find clothes for her to wear during the shoot. Especially since there were 2 wardrobes. But after some pinning she was ready! She had tranformed into the glamourous Lucille Ball. Well, Lucy with a modern edge. Dakota was energetic and full of creativity. I must say I am very proud to see the growth he has achieved since he first began shooting at the age of 13. He has finally found his style and at the age of 21, I can only see great things in his future as an artist.

Check out some of the photos from the Glamour part of the session. 





After we shot the Glamour side of Lucy we had to have fun. I mean you can't do a Starlet Photo Series without capturing the spirit and personality of the Starlet that inspired the shoot. Right? 
So we had to show the comedic genuis of Lucille Ball mixed with Beth's snarky edgy twist. 

Here are some of the photos from the Comedic part of the day. Trust me we have SO MANY more to edit and release that these will not be the only ones featured on this blog. But for now here is a sampling.









Be sure to follow my blog or facebook page to see more releases from this shoot as well as the next Starlets! 
What do you think? Did we capture the essence of Lucy?

What Starlets are you hoping made the list? 

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. I appreciate hearing from you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting aBeesCreations Blog. I would LOVE to hear your thoughts.

Search This Blog